Monday, April 27, 2009

Lots of walking this weekend

I got my walking in on Friday but it wasn't the video. I went to Universal studios and saw my Sister and her daughter. My niece was singing in her school choir. Then we went to Universal Studios and walked the whole park, riding rides that I had never ridden before. Universal is very different when you go with your niece and not your sons! LOL We had a lot of fun.

Saturday was a VERY early start to a day of fishing that ended rather quickly. I was up at 6:15! Not usual for me to go fishing that early but my oldest son and my hubby had tried to find crabs for 2 days to take me Permit fishing. In 2 evenings they caught 2 crabs. Well with all that work and investment, I knew I had better get up and appreciate their efforts. I was up, my bil and sil picked me up ( dh and son left at 5AM to try to find more crabs. He let me sleep. awwweeee! Love that man). We show up at the dock to meet hubby and off we go FISHIN! Well that was the plan....... On a full plane on the boat and the motor chugs and stops.??? starts up, ah just the new fuel filter, off we go, chug and stop??!! This time doesn't start back up...... We call our service guy, who just serviced the unit Friday afternoon, and he gives some suggestions.... Doesn't work..... We call our friends and they are headed out in their boat and agree to swing by and pull us back to dock. sad....

Meanwhile we are waiting for them, so some of us start to fish to help the time go by. My son zings his bait out and bam, FISH ON! I had already been fishing for 15 MIN with no bites! Unhooks the Mackerel and zings out another bait BAM! FISH ON! that boy is a fishing fiend. Our friends show up and tow us back to the dock. Our service guy is going to meet us at the dock to make sure he didn't do anything wrong.

While the guys talk motors I am walking around and this older Asian man is throwing a cast net. HE pulls in 6 mullet! I am thinking to myself "SCORE! for him" and he kicks them back in the water!! "HUH did I JUST SEE WHAT I THOUGHT I DID??? I COULDN'T HAVE. They must have been Lady fish." SO I watch him closely as he casts again. ANOTHER MULLET ( I am certain this time) and he kicks it back in the water, so I yell "sir, I would love to have the mullet you catch, if you are not keeping them, please. (always need to be polite when one is begging fish from someone Else's net! LOL )

HE says " U yike Mullet??!" I say "OH yes sir I DO!" He says " Mullet not good!" I say " Oh they taste good to me." He says "Okay, you have." So I proceed to his side of the dock, being careful to not get ran over by people launching or pulling the boats off the boat ramp. Well, just as I am half way, he has another mullet and says " It okay, I throw to you." Panic'd that he might miss and hit the water, I say " OH sir, I don't mind coming to get it. As I am saying that, the mullet goes flying in the air and lands on the ground. I am thinking "Oh good, it is on land" and I start over to the mullet. A BIG BIG bird also sees MY mullet and starts to make his way to the mullet. I yell" NNNNNNNOOOOO" and start running, excusing myself past all these boaters, who must think that this lady is out of her mind!" wlolws My SIL, Patty sees what is happening and she yells " I will get it for you! shoo bird!" and Patty rescues my Mullet. I take it to the dock and rinse it off and prep it for the boat. My secret Asian guy(hee hee his new name), is watching this all take place and says " OH, you know how to clean mullets!?" I say " yes sir! and what fish are you trying to catch?" He says " Spade fish" ( I have never eaten or heard of people eating spade fish?? so I ask him "Are they good to eat??" He quickly replies while throwing his cast net, "they better then Mullets!!" snort! To each his own.

He also catches a small blue crab, perfect size for Permit bait! I jump to it and secure the crab from the crab's back so he doesn't pinch me! My secret Asian man says " you careful!" I said " yes sir, I got him." he said too small to eat!" I said "yes but he is perfect size for bait!" and OFF my cute little Asian guy goes with his two Spade fish.....

I make it back to my dh and the boat, that is now on the trailer, and say "honey I have a crab". Hubby is very confused, "WHERE did you get a crab??" He had already put my mullet on ice and was still chuckling over me begging for fish from my little secret Asian man. LOL I said " the Asian man got it in his net and let me have it for Bait!" Well now the service guy and hubby are laughing and hubby says " ONLY my wife would be able to beg for a fish and a crab while boat motor problems are going on! I AM SO PROUD!" LOL

Well the "lower end" of the boat is DOA. IT is not our mechanics fault. Just one of those things. So he has the bottom of our boat motor that turns the propeller. We don't know how long the repair will take or what the problem is... hoping to hear from him soon and REALLY hope that it isn't costly!

My son goes fishing with our friends and does well. No Permit but he does bring home some Grouper and Snapper. :) While they are fishing, hubby and I and bil and sil go home, change clothes and go eat lunch. Then we walk Emerson Point and head to the grocery store to get some items for dinner that night. In the store we all realize that we are not feeling well.......... We all realize we got over heated and are now drinking water, feeling woozier and looking forward to getting home. Once we get home all 4 of us take a nap! LOL We felt much better after that and had a tastie fresh fish meal.

Sunday after Church we went to the beach before our friends were coming over for a fish dinner.

This morning I did my 3 mile aerobic walk with Leslie Sansone. I am not disliking it so much anymore. I am realizing it is also helping me with my rhythm and coordination!! Hubby "says isn't the physical exercise goodness!" I said " I am liking it and I really like Leslie's attitude and encouragement but I AM NOT TO GOODNESS YET! " LOL!

Okay this was really long. Sorry. Yall have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time at Universal!
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! I was laughing at the mullet story! Good thing it landed on the ground! I can only IMAGINE you running--back-forth-front back-arms extended-eyes in the sky-actually catching the slippery little fish lol!

    ReplyDelete