Saturday, April 4, 2009

It has been quite the 72 hrs!


I am alive and well! LOL I have been recovering from a 3 day hormonal caused migraine!! I have emerged from the depths of darkness, covers and ears ringing, for another month anyway! Being a woman JUST ROCKS ya know!! ha ha Although I have a variety of female issues, I would not trade this time in my life with any other past time. I am loving 40 something with my dh and sons and our life. It is an adventure and it rocks!

Anyway I am up drinking my first cup of coffee and ready (well after I drink my coffee) to attack the day. It just feels good to be vertical and able to look at the beautiful day outside. I have got to go see what shape my garden is in and make sure stupid pests and critters haven't eaten it.

On a sad note, our family cat, age 9, died in my lap Thursday afternoon. She was rescued off the highway at 4weeks of age. Some one threw her out of their car! She has cost us more than our 2 pure bred dogs! LOL She had FIV and has been sick and anemic for 6 weeks. We knew she didn't have much longer with us as of Tuesday because she was no longer eating like she should nor was she walking around. Just didn't have the strength. I am glad she was in my lap. My migraine meds allowed me to just lay there with her and pet her. My dh was very glad that it all took place in my lap. Now we have already started talking about her past antics which were bad behaviors that she would take out on me, I was her "chosen one" for bad behaviors but dh got the love from her! LOL, ie peeing in my laundry!! or the BEST, or maybe that should say WORST ever, one night she crawled into bed with Dh and I and peed RIGHT BETWEEN US WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING!!! we were woken up by this "wet feeling" eeeeeeewwwwwwww is right but now it is funny! Take care Callie. We loved ya!

Prior to my migraines I had some research on foods and iron, calcium and heart healthy foods. Here is what I found. 3.5oz of the following herbs/ spices has % of daily allowance of iron.
Thyme ground 688%, Cinnamon ground 210%, Oat & Wheat Bran 250%, Rosemary 167% . I am thinking of adding these herbs to my salads, because WOW!

Some nutritional websites
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/nutinfo.html scroll down for nutritional values of fruits,veggies and seafood.
http://www.dole5aday.com/HTML/Kids/N...n%20Chart.html
http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/?page_id=164
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcom.../hg72_2002.pdf
THE MOTHER LOADhttp://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcom.../hg72_2002.pdf

I am learning that Fruits although high in vitamins and fiber, only contain 2 to 4% of our daily needs of Calcium and Iron.

12 Oysters or Clams have 30 to 45% of our daily Iron needs. I LOVE BOTH 6Large Scallops have 14% of our daily needs. Calcium ranges from 8 to 10% in those mollusks.

What I find weird is the more fat free the dairy product the higher in Calcium it is??? Vitamin D is proving difficult for me to get and not go against my heart healthy diet. Egg yolks and organ meats are higher in Vitamin D and I cant have those.

Grape seed oil has no cholesterol and has a lot of the Omega acids(good for you) 40 % of your vitamin E needs . It also is a natural anti-inflammatory (which is great for my fibromyalgia) and has a lot of antioxidants. It is excellent for your skin too. You can use it as massage oil too. I fry my food in it because it is cholesterol free and has so much that is good for me.

Okay this is a really cool web site. http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-000998000000000000000.html The link takes you to the list of foods for "Optimum Health" and Basil is number 1!! it will break down any food, commercial labeled or fast food even, for you and show all of its nutritional values! very cool. This page lets you look for foods with specific vitamins and minerals. http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/nutrient-search

Well this weekend I will get house stuff caught up with and then come Monday morning it is back to the walking and toning and grits routine. I am taking my aunt to our churches Passion of Christ play this afternoon. My dh is a soldier in the play and it is a 180 degrees of his personality. Not easy to watch him mistreat and beat our Saviour, Christ.

Have a great weekend and go find some adventure in your life!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better my friend! LUVS! :)

    ReplyDelete