Monday, April 20, 2009

What a weekend

Well I started off my weekend on Friday night, with a date with dh since our boys had other plans. We went for bbq. Not exactly on the diet but not off the diet either. I was choosy in my order.

Saturday I had two girlfriends over and we stamped all day. I made a card set and have another card set ready to be put together and patina'd copper and brass with a vinegar/ ammonia solution.

The card sets will go in my Etsy store. The holders are not completed yet.



The patina'd metal will be embellishments for some nautical prints I am working on as well as other elements in different art work. In other words, I did a lot of them and don't have exact plans for them yet.





I love the palm trees and the flip flop( well it will be when I put it together) TO get the patina blues to punch I sprayed them with Future floor polish which furthered the chemical reaction on the copper. I love it when reactions occur like that! LOL

Sunday afternoon we took our dogs for a walk at a waterfront park, Emerson Point. We found out that our Corgi only swims with his front feet making his hind end unbalanced and swaying from side to side almost flipping him over! lol Our Bichon loved the swimming although seems tuckered out today. Then Sunday afternoon we helped dh's boys group with their fish fry. I tasted but was very good. They had fresh fried fish , gator, onion rings,hush puppies and brownies with homemade ice cream churning in the background!! YIKES! I had a couple of onion rings and a brownie bite but resisted a plate full and left as it was being served. Our boys were loaded with homework so dh and I were on our own again for dinner.

This morning I did 4 miles of my walk and tone program. I have decided that I am doing 4 miles daily now. I also realized that when I exercise, I have 2 thoughts, one is, that I am less likely to cheat on my diet because I just burned off calories, fat and cholesterol so why add to it OR 2, because I want something not on my diet and exercise lets me have it! :) If I don't exercise my resistance is down. LOL so I like my mental theories. While exercising I have all sorts of thoughts like , back straight, shoulders back, bum tucked in, rhythm Leah rhythm and WHY is she so happy! oh yeah this is recorded and I bet she did this in the afternoon not first thing in the morning.... LOL

Now off to finish my day.

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome!!! So what if it wasn't on the diet..sounds too yummy to pass up! A little reward for doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the patina stuff IRL :)

    and I have the same mental thought process when it comes to exercising and cheating lol

    ReplyDelete