Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wow what a cold morning



Above are the most recent pictures of my garden. I took advantage of a cloudy breezy day and worked all day in the garden yesterday. Preparing 6 more containers and planting seeds and Seedlings. Oh I did have help too. My ds shoveled dirt for me in exchange for the fruit( mulberries, Loquats and blackberries) I am growing for him and getting his racket restrung. I have hot peppers and tomatoes along with a variety of herbs that will be ready to go in the ground soon. The hardest part of the day was toting 2 and a half gallons of boiling water to my garden area so I could sterilize the soil.

Sunday was a nice and sunny day. dh and I ended up at the beach for the afternoon. We did a few miles of beach walking. IT was nice being on the motorcycle, puttering around.

Sunday I ate a crab cake for lunch and then Salmon, sweet potato, green beans and watercress for dinner. All healthy or heart healthy foods. I do not put butter on my food and the other was cooked with a touch of olive oil, garlic and onions.

Prior to working in the garden yesterday I did my 2 mile walking workout. Dh was so cute, he had a question for me but I had started my workout so he "walked" with me while asking me the question. LOL I am a tad sore today so I may give my body a rest. Dh says that with all the lifting and raking I did I should let my muscles rest. SO I will just walk to keep my momentum going.

I ate cottage cheese and pineapple yesterday for brunch and then had wings for dinner. BUT my wings were fried in Grape seed oil and there was no butter in my wing sauce. As a side we had fresh cucumber and artichoke humus.

Today is going to be COLD! windy and cloudy. I am all done with this cold weather stuff! Florida is not meant to be cold.

I do have to admit with the added iron to my vitamins and regular B12 shots by dh and even the exercise I am feeling better, having more energy and more motivation. Just wished I liked to exercise!! LOL but its benefits are showing!

Having that 3 day migraine really threw off my crafting plans. Gotta get back in that art room and start concocting! :)

Have a great day. I got to get to cleaning house and everything I didn't do yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment