Saturday, March 28, 2009

A quiet morning



My guys are out hunting and the house is to myself.

Okay so I have started this blogging. I hope I can keep it up. It will be a menagerie of health and diet, my latest stuff from Inkfulthinking Designs, my crafting, gardening and what ever floats my boat. I do NOT have all the setting components figured out. That part will be a work in progress. I have web site links I want to add, my store and what not... I am the most computer savvy in my household and that does not say much at all. :)

About me, has the beginnings of why I started this blog. The positive side of this whole thing is, since starting this diet I have lost around 35 lbs. I am much healthier, happier and don't have to take naps everyday. Now if the diet would help me procrastinate less I would be set. :) I try very hard to look at the positive aspects of the diet and not look at it as a penalty. It isn't really a diet for me but rather a "life change" for the better. I will confess that it took me 9 months to stop needing / craving chocolate. I have a little cheat system from my diet. I am allowed 4 slices of bacon and 1/2 a sweet roll so I just added up the calories, fat and sugars to determine that I could have 4 Hershey's kisses. It took me 6 weeks or so to get into the swing of my life change. My immediate family has joined me in healthy eating and they have enjoyed the changes in their bodies and the way they feel.

I am on the Berkley Heart Healthy diet, Cholesterol med, multi vitamins, grape seed extract, iron, calcium and other meds. I have an organic veggie garden and it has been beneficial in getting fresh Vitamin D from the sun, not to mention the fresh veggies.

Currently I am eating grits for breakfast. Grits contain 45% of daily iron needs. I don't like Cream of Wheat. I try to be true and consistent with my Cholesterol diet as well as increasing my iron, B12 or Bs and calcium. It is quite a juggle since some of the foods that have Calcium and Iron are not on my Cholesterol diet. Such as liver, but that is okay because I don't like liver! I exercise every weekday. I have a walking and toning video that I watch and follow. My doctor said that I needed to do "bone jarring" exercises such as walking to increase my bone density. It is nice to be able to do this in my own home because when I loose step or she changes the beat I can yell at the tv and no one gets hurt.

I am excited about this evenings meal. I get to have steak. WELL, I do need increased Iron. LOL I have been extra good this week in my eating habits to allow for this treat. I eat a lot of fresh fish and skinless chicken so every now and then a girl has to have red meat!

Okay that is enough of a start. I have learned a lot about foods and will try to post as I go. IF you know details that I would benefit from I would love to hear them.

Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment